- Individual Counseling: $75 per 50-minute session
- EMDR Sessions: $120 per 90-minute session
- Couples Counseling: $100 per 75-minute session.
- Family Counseling: $100 per 75-90-minutes session.
I also see sliding scale clients through Open Path Psychotherapy Collective. Read more about this program here: Open Path Collective
Do You Take Insurance?
DisruptedKC Counseling and Coaching currently is in-network only with Tricare. Currently, I do not accept other insurance.
The benefits to private pay are numerous, with the primary benefits being a greater level of privacy and control over your treatment. I believe in protecting the privacy of my clients. When a therapy session is billed through an insurance company, the insurance company often requires detailed documentation about your mental health including a diagnosis and updates regarding your progress. Some clients I work with do not meet criteria for a mental health diagnosis and some would prefer to have the details of their mental health treatment separate from their insurance/medical record. Additionally, insurance companies often limit the number of sessions they will pay for and restrict the therapeutic techniques which can be utilized during the treatment process.
What if I’m Still Interested in Using My Insurance?
If you prefer to use your insurance benefits for therapy, you may still be able to do so. As an Out of Network (OON) provider, I can provide you with a monthly Superbill which is a receipt for the payments you have made for therapy sessions. You may be able to submit this document to your insurance company for partial reimbursement of therapy services. This typically applies to PPO insurances. Many people have out of network benefits and can be reimbursed for psychotherapy services by as much as 40-70%, depending on the plan. If requested, my office can assist you in submitting claims for reimbursement. Here are some questions that might be helpful to ask your insurance company:
- Does my plan offer any out-of-network benefits for mental health?
- Do I have a deductible? If yes, how much of it has already been met?
- Are there any limitations on the number of sessions my plan covers for mental health?
- How much will I get reimbursed per visit when I see an out-of-network mental health provider?
- Do I need any type of prior approval or referral in order to get reimbursed?
Please contact your insurance company directly for information regarding your eligibility and reimbursement rates. Please be aware that a mental health diagnosis is required to be provided to your insurance company for reimbursement if you utilize this option.
Please note the cancellation policy.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.